These are the things I wish to accomplish this holiday season:
- Assign and work through a Thanksgiving history project with the kids
- Assign a Christmas essay to the girls, and a creative writing project for the younger set and help them through those
- Learn and make 3 new crafts that the kids can help with
- Do some sewing and crafting of my own, with friends!
- Mail crafty gifts in the mail with postage and addresses in the mail in the mail in the mail, and not stacked in my car waiting to be mailed
- Make lots of gingerbread dough so the kids can build and create together
- Take long walks outdoors in the not-hot weather
- Start training for the February Color Run in Austin
- Make and keep an advent calendar for once
- Make a toddler-proof nativity (out of felt? wood?)
- Bake treats for all the neighbors we know and a few we don’t
- Visit the Trail of Lights at Zilker
There ya go. Now that I have publicly stated my (overzealous and probably unrealistic) ambitions, I need to Google Calendar all this stuff so that some of it actually happens.